Saturday, December 24, 2011

How much should I pay for a 1997 Toyota Corolla?

They are asking for 2200 which seems reasonable because the inspection showed that the only thing wrongith it is the headlight adjustment.but it has 201000 something miles on it.My question is..





How much longer can i predict this car to run for?


and how much should i pay for it?


(bluebook price is 2095)|||The Blue book value is always a generalization. Value of any vehicle is subjective.


And any owner may ask and get whatever they wish for a vehicle.


Case in point:


The Blue book value on my 1986 Corolla is very low, but it has barely turned over 100,000 miles. It is a bit rusty around the fenders, but overall is the most dependable car I've ever owned. (I'm the third owner, my father was the second, and he took it to be serviced for the first owner.)


My car is never going to look new again, but she sure has alot of poop for and old girl.


I certainly hope to keep her for another 5 years, but I don't think that we'll ever see 200,00 miles.


It would be nice though!|||pay what you want to pay really first check it out by typing how to check a used car follow that list of thing s to look for when buying a used car and most of time you wil not get a lemon as for miles depends on shape its in thus the reason why you check it but most cars you can drive into the 400,000 range it they are cared for right way why you need to check for problem before buying any used car and decide and no one pays blue book price so id say about 1800 a good starting price|||Two yrs ago I bought a 1995 Toyota Corolla for around the same price. Toyota's are great, reliable cars that last a long time as long as you take care of it. Mine has 204,000 miles on it, and my moms (also a '95) has well over 220,000. I would try and negotiate to 2000, because of the miles it already has. I'm far from a mechanic, but mine has been reliable. Toyotas do seem to have issues with wheel bearings needing replaced, but it isn't expensive to fix (about 150), which is something I would ask them about if they'd had to replace. Hope I helped!|||That toyota will last for another 2 to 3 years but just make sure you do regular maintenance and before you buy take it to a trusted mechanic so he can check it over





Good luck.|||The miles are too high. Kelly Blue Books says $1,200 retail. I would not buy it. It is about to go. Even if it has not been driven hard, a car with that many miles will start giving you one problem after another very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment